As members of "Mountain Bike Holidays" we are experts in your mountain-biking holiday.
The local hoteliers and hotels selected and tested by Mountain Bike Holidays continue to come up with new packages to meet their guests needs. Every day they go on tours with their guests and they are fully aware of their very varied needs. The quality of the hotels and the services they offer mountain-bike fans have made Mountain Bike Holidays the European market leader ever since 1996. The annual review, certified by TÜV Austria, guarantees that quality standards are maintained.
TThe ratings Classic, Elite and Pro represent the overall number of guided cycling outings with qualified guides, each day and each week.
We are certified by Mountain Bike Holidays and from 2015 we were rated as Elite.
The Elite rating means the following guided outings are on offer with qualified guides:
The Mountain Bike Holidays guarantees
- 2 guided bike outings 6 days a week, with their own specialist guides.
- At least one guided outing in the weekly programme includes a visit to the neighbouring region. A transfer is organised at the beginning and end of tours that are outside the local area.
- Cycling technique training
- One tour also on the departure day
- Every outing has two guides catering for people able to handle 2 different levels of difficulty
- Useful experience and entertainment
- Individual advice on signing up
- Equipment advice
- Briefing on the details of the tour
- Breaks at particularly scenic spots with photo-opportunities
- Local area information
- Eating out in the most delightful places serving local cuisine
- Advice on technical matters and tips
- Bike transport and shuttlebus for cyclists (where provided)
- Guided tours that always start on time
- Themed packages
- With no minimum number requirement
- Each tour has a maximum of 10 taking part
- Still run in bad weather, with adjustment to the route
- The level of cyclists is assessed and they are divided into two groups
- Information on the difficulty of each route
- Updated weather and travelling conditions
- First aid and repair kits always at the ready with the guide
Only properly qualified professional guides accompany Mountain Bike Holidays guided tours.
Guided tours are accompanied by the Hotel Gran Paradiso owner Roland Ploner, by his brother Alex and by the qualified guide Daniel Fasolo or by one of the other professional guides of the Dolomite Biking Guide Team.
The priority for the Dolomite Biking Guide Team
is to guarantee cyclists maximum safety as they enjoy a highly entertaining outing.
Easy & E-Bike
The Easy & E-Bike tours run three times a week (further tours on request).
Roland, Alex and Daniel, our C.O.N.I. certified guides, will be only too happy to answer your questions and they will be at your side during the tours, each of which will be adapted to the conditions and the skills of those taking part. We will make sure you have a really fun outing.
- E-bike hire directly from the hotel at a cost of €50 per person per day
- Recharge station in the hotel
- Our guides are available every day between 18:30 and 19:00 at reception to help you choose your tour and to give individual advice. They will also give you information about riding techniques.
- In our bike corner you will find an Easy & E-Bike folder with detailed information about the tours and the services we provide
- Simple tours with a maximum gradient of 500m
- Information on bike transport in the valley (public transport, shuttle bus service)
- Advice and information about the area